Wedding Countdown

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Thursday, November 14, 2013

Thanksgiving: Day 14

Today, I'm thankful for my singing voice.  Okay...here's the inspiration...Glee.  Yea, yea, I know, it's Glee, but I have enjoyed the show.  Granted, I never really wanted to be a Broadway singer or even the next pop star, but I do love to sing.  Most of my current friends don't know that I sing.  I sang in my middle school choir.  I would have continued in high school, but I had to choose between flute or singing and at the time, I wanted to focus on my studies in flute. 

Now, I mostly sing...in the car.  Adele, Joss Stone, Melody Gardot, and artists like them are in the genre that I like to sing.  There's a jazzy, blues feel to them.  I love that.  To me, that kind of music really showcases the artists voice (not the incredible ability of some sound studio technology). 

Anyway, watching the last episode of Glee just reminded me how much I love to sing and how I wish I was confident enough to sing more.  Unfortunately, I'm in an area that isn't conducive for individuals not pursuing a career in singing (or a student in general) to sing.  Oh well.  Maybe one day the university will actually start up that Faculty/Staff ensemble

No comments: