Wedding Countdown

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Packing

So, first I just want to say that I should definitely have a pat on the back fro blogging so much since I've graduated. I mean really. I have almost surpassed that amount of blog posts in the past six months than I did all of last year. Too bad Facebook seems a little slow of uploading them to my profile so the dates seem a little weird. Oh well.

So today's subject...packing. So I've started my least favorite part of traveling, packing. I currently have 3 suitcases, 1 small ziploc baggie (for carry on toiletries), 1 back pack, 1 purse, 1 wallet, and four different lists of what I and Ryan need to pack laying out on my bed. (Thank goodness I have a queen size bed to fit all of this.) So like I said, this is my least favorite part. Even though I have lists of the things that I want/need to bring, I have this gut feeling I'm going to forget something big. I don't really know what that is yet (obviously), but hopefully it's just hunger pains. ;) So comment question for you guys...what is the worst thing you've ever forgotten on a trip?

Where is it you're traveling...I can already hear that in my head from someone who hasn't been keeping up (just jokin'). On Monday, Ryan and I will be heading back to Nashville. On Tuesday, Mom, Dad, Christie, Alex, Ryan, Mr. and Mrs. Erikson, and me will be flying to Manila, Philippines. (BNA-->LAX-->Seoul, S. Korea-->Manila) We are headed back to my dad's home country for a mission trip. We will be working with the working students at the Adventist University of the Philippines, my dad's alma mater. These working students work full time (I'm not just talking a simple 40 hours of checking people into and out of a hotel, I mean hard labor of maybe 60 and 70 hours a week) and are trying to go to school full time. School supplies and basic necessities are a luxury for many of these students. Part of our mission is to bring school supplies, toiletries, clothes, etc. to these students. We will have several surprises for the students and will spend worship and have seminars (learning to speak English) throughout our trip. We will be returning back to the US on Tuesday, June 22.

My goals, well in addition to those set out by the Mission of Hope, are simple goals and hopefully easy to obtain. Last year, I didn't realize that I would have easy access to the Internet in most of the places that we stayed. So, this year, I hope to blog more. It may not be everyday (mainly because I will be in several remote places). I want to share this experience with as many people as possible. Two, I want to take more pictures. Tons of pictures! Mom and Dad did a great job last year, but I want to take more! Lastly, I want to have a small get together when Ryan and I come back so I can show some close friends some of the photos and souvenirs that I bought from the trip. Anyway, I've procrastinated enough on packing. Maybe I can run to the store for some last minute items instead of packing... ;)

No comments: