Wedding Countdown

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Day 9 & 10: Bohol!

Ok. So I'm combining the two days because really there isn't much to say about Day 9. Day 9 was pretty much another travel day from Hong Kong back to AUP. The airport in Hong Kong was so nice and very comfortable. One of the nicer airports that I've been in, which is too bad that the airport was the best part of Hong Kong. Oh well. After arriving at AUP, we ate dinner and I went to bed because I'm feeling slightly under the weather I think because of the smog. Hopefully I'll feel better in a couple of days.

Today (Day 10), we woke up at 4:30 AM! It was a very early morning to catch an 8:00AM flight to Bohol, PI. Bohol is one of the southern islands that is supposed to be very pretty. Ate Glad and Uncle Prom are traveling with us this time, which is very nice because we all feel a little bit more comfortable because they know this area fairly well. I slept the entire flight, which we good recovery for waking up so early and for my health.

After checking into the hotel, which might I add is just beautiful and much more accommodating than the one in Hong Kong, we jumped in a van to do another city tour. This city tour was much nicer. Our first stop was a place with tarsier monkeys. They are the smallest monkeys in the world and they are just adorable. Christie and I have decided that we need one for a pet. I got some really good pictures of some of the cute things so hopefully soon I will be able to share them with everyone. After visiting the monkeys, we went to go eat on one of the rivers in Bohol. It is a tourist attraction where people get on a bamboo boat and have a lunch buffet which riding down the river. It was super enjoyable with fantastic food. During the river ride, we stopped at one pier where locals were singing and dancing. At one point they started singing and dancing the Tinikling. This is a traditional dance of the Philippines were typically two individuals jump through bamboo sticks being pounded together. (You should youtube it. I'm sure there's a video of someone dancing it.) Well, anyways, in high school for international day, Christie, Ryan and I, as well as several other friends, performed the Tinikling with the help of Ate Glad, Nittie and Nennette. At this pier they invited some of the visitors to attempt the Tinikling (which is harder than it looks). Christie and Ryan went out there to show them their stuff. Christie looked flawless and Ryan did a great job as well. Everyone was so shocked to see that a white boy could do the dance and so well! :)

After lunch, we headed onto the area of the Chocolate Hills. These hills are left over coral reefs that are in the shape of Hershey Kisses. They are also brown because no vegetation can grow on the hills. We climbed several steps (I mean like 300 steps) to the top of one mountain overlooking the hills. It was so beautiful. I have several pictures at this site as well. After spending some time at the top and trekking back down to the bottom, we enjoyed some ice cream at one of the shops. After the hills, we went to a couple of shopping place to buy some souvenirs that were priced very well!

Now, we are back in the hotel and have enjoyed a very large dinner. I'm headed to bed now so I can get some sleep before we travel again tomorrow. Hopefully I'll have some internet access there! :)

No comments: