Wedding Countdown

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Sunday, May 23, 2010

What's Up, Graduate?

Ok. So it's been 2 weeks since I've graduated. I haven't really blogged too much about life really because honestly, I'm been keeping busy! ;)

Most of my time is consumed by work, but I have spent a lot of time spending some quality time with Ryan and some other friends. It's nice to be able to spend time with people without having to think about school in the back of my mind.

This past week hasn't been too eventful. From my last post, you probably could tell that I helped host a baby shower at the Carnegie hotel with some of my other coworkers. Other than that, I've just worked, because we were a little short staffed this week. Ryan and I did some shopping. Patio furniture in particular. I had budgeted some of my graduation money for fixing up our small outdoor area and because Ryan and I found an incredible deal on a bistro set at Lowe's we were able to buy some other things (dog running cord, grill cover, patio set cover, outdoor lighting, etc). We've eaten several times outside now, including last night in celebration of Emmie's birthday! We hope to spend so more time outside now, so if anyone wants to hang out, you are welcome over. If you want us to grill something, on our new grill might I add, bring food and we will provide the cooking and company. ;)

This week is going to be fairly busy as well. I have 40 hours of work this week!! (Thanks, Joel. ;)) I also have an interview with ETSU for another job so I can make a little more money and the perks of being an ETSU employee such as access to the CPA (the gym). Monday, Emmie, Keith, Ann, and I are having our first "Knit and Bitch" where Emmie is going to teach Keith how to knit and we all do whatever projects we are working on while talking about everything in life, the good, the bad, and the ugly, hence the name. I have two projects that I will be working on. One in particular is going to be really difficult, but I'm going to try. I will blog more about it later. I'm kinda doing it as a surprise for someone. ;) Hopefully on Wednesday, since Ryan is going to have a long and late work day, I will spend some time with a friend or two at the house.

Ok. So far this blog doesn't really say much other than I'm currently working a bunch and socializing. Well for the family who is probably thinking...what's next? What are your goals for the future? Etc. Well, this paragraph is for you! I, being the type A-personality and OCD, set small goals for myself each week. Working out and cleaning the house is two of those for the upcoming summer. I am researching into some potential graduate school opportunities as well as seeking jobs using my current degree. (I even seriously thought about applying for another CNA job working in a surgical office. I still might.) Not too much progress yet, but there is still time. I'm not settling. I promise.

Well, that's all for now. It's starting to hit me a little that I'm a graduate. Oh, I guess that means I need to go pick up my diploma tomorrow! Well, off to work...

No comments: