Wedding Countdown

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Too far ahead

One lesson that I don't think I have fully learned yet is when I need to realize that I'm too far ahead of myself.  Often times, okay most of the time, I jump the gun and make decisions or do things without fully thinking things through.  The odd thing is that I typically only do this in my personal life.  I'm pretty methodical about making decisions/plans-of-actions when it comes to work.  There's a lot more thinking involved.  However, in my personal life, forget it.  Most of the time I act without fully thinking about it.  Maybe it's because it's not really my job on the line. 

All I have to say is thank God for parents and thank God for Ryan!  Those three really put things in perspective for me.  I guess I've always been stubborn and insisted on learning things the hard way, whether it be burning my finger on the stove (I have a tiny scar on my thumb from when I was a baby), learning that secrets don't make friends in middle school (this remark means more to my mom and sister), or getting a 4-year degree in a subject that probably won't have a huge impact on my future now.  At least with my parents and Ryan, I haven't done anything incredibly stupid or irrational.  They keep me in check and grounded.

So, why am I writing this post?  Well...you now know a little bit more about me.  And to thank my parents and Ryan.  So, if you hear me talking about some crazy idea or some unrealistic plan for a 23-year-old, tell me to really think about it.  Or ask me questions that I should have answers to.  It'll save me some worrying/headaches/heartaches.  I'll try to do the same for everyone else too! 

No comments: