Wedding Countdown

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Resolution Check

Since I've already posted this week, I figured it would be time to do a resolution check.  Here we go!


1) Go camping!  Well, we did have some pretty warm weather this past week, but it has definitely hasn't been warm enough to go camping.  I guess this resolution will be on hold until at least April.

2) Bake more.  I think this is somewhat of a success so far.  I have back about 3 dozen cupcakes already this year and at least one cake.  In the upcoming week, I have a plan to bake another cake with Justin.  Someone have any idea of what kind?  Just post a comment.

3) Be more romantic.  Well, hmm.  Really I should have Ryan do a guest post to check on this.  Well, since my resolution, Ryan and I have had at least one date night and another one planned for tomorrow.  This is awesome.  Some people may think, you live together...why do you need a date night?  We may live together, but we don't get to have that quality couple time that everyone thinks.  We have decided to have regular date nights so it's just us. :)

4)  Pretend to be the paparazzi.  Epic fail.  I haven't taken a single picture since my resolutions post.  I haven't even kept my camera in my purse.  It's awful!

5) Have a sit-down dinner party.  Nope.  I've gone out to dinner several times since my original post, but no dinner party.  We haven't had time to clean the house, well except this weekend (which I'll tell you later why I'm not cleaning today).

6) Don't just like it, do it! Another epic fail again.  I haven't even looked at Stumbleupon.com at all.  Maybe I'll get some inspiration for a cake from there.

7) Be more musical.  There's no doubt that I haven't stopped singing in the car, but that's about it.  :/  This one is going to be hard.

8) Read a book or two or more.  I got through Chapter 3 in Steve Harvey's book, but then I had to stop and read for class.  I have one whole book for class completed and today and tomorrow I'll finish another one for class.  If you are interested in business, the book I just finished is called The Goal: A Process of Ongoing Improvement.  I found it pretty interesting and a really good book.  It would have been better if I wasn't so bitter about it being assigned to be read in its entirety in one week.  Oh well.  The next book I have to finish is called  The World is Flat.  It's another business book.  If you read last week's post, then you know I have added another book to this list, The Hunger Games.  Hopefully I can finish it by the time the movie comes out.

9) Share more about me.  I think that I've done that.  Just read me last post.  ;)

10) Blog at least once a week.  So far so good!  I had one slip up, but I made it up by writing two the next week.  Hope everyone is enjoying it!

Ok, now onto why I'm not cleaning today.  I did my first cycling class yesterday.  Last semester, I participated in a study that required me to workout once a day on a stationary bike.  I figured that I had gotten into the swing of working out at least five times a week now and that I should try cycling.  Boy was I wrong!  It was so awful.  My heart and lungs were keeping up just as in every workout that I've done lately, but my legs were killing me.  After the hours class, we did some stretching and my legs felt better...that is until I walked up the stairs of my house.  This morning my knee hurt so bad that the pain is at a level when I was on crutches last time.  Luckily, Advil, ice and elevation are working.  Hopefully a couple days of rest will kept me heal to get back into working out by Monday.

Enough for now.  Time for homework.  :/  Until my next blog!

No comments: