Wedding Countdown

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Thursday, October 1, 2009

September


Oh, September! One of the busiest months. Well, for me it seems like almost all of the months are busy. lol. The first weekend of September was awesome! Ryan and I got on a plane and headed to Destin where we would meet up with Christie, Mom, Dad, Grandmama, Uncle Wayne, and Shelley. I hadn't been to Destin since Paw Paw died, so it was quite a trip down memory lane. We ate at the Back Porch where almost all (Christie decided to be the odd ball) of us ordered the amberjack sandwich. YUM! We ate the cheese puffs at the Lucky Snapper. And of course, we spent several hours at the beach. Mom and I, as usual, got sunburned while Christie evened out her tan. This trip was about Grandmama. She had a blast! It was great to see her happy and in great spirits. Hopefully we can do this again.

Toward the beginning of the month, I made one of the biggest decisions that I will probably have to make the entire semester. I know many of you have heard that I am part of Phi Sigma Pi National Honor Fraternity. I have had many great memories and I have several amazing friends that I would not have met if it weren't for this organization. Well, the weeks leading up to school starting were rough. The week that I came back as an Active Member (the week after Labor Day) was awful. The next week I decided to go inactive. It was the hardest thing I had to do. I felt as though a step back from the drama (that I'm still being dragged into) and disrespect would be one step forward to an awesome senior year. I still have been working with the Initiate committee and participating in some service events, such as the Backpack Attack for Teach for America, but I hope to fully participate next semester. Let's just see how things go the rest of this one.

September for the most part has been school and work. Full time student with a full time job. Not too shabby. There has only been one crazy moment in September. Last weekend, on Saturday, I received a phone call around 11:30 AM, but I was in a class so I couldn't answer it. After getting out of class, nearly 5 hours later, I checked and my sister had called. Well, Ryan said she called him too. This was out of the ordinary. Most of the time when people call me and Ryan something is wrong. I called her and she picked up. I asked her what was wrong. "Um...um...I-I-I...um," she answer. "Ok. You can spit it out now. What's wrong?" I replied. "I-I-I'm..m..m..in..th-th-the hos-pit-al,"she stuttered. I broke down into tears. My bubbly, talks-a-lot sister, was stuttering for a reason I didn't understand. She slowly said she hit her head and that she was frustrated because she had so much to say but couldn't because it took too much effort. It all made sense to me why she called me, why Mom texted for me to call her when I got out of class and why she and Dad didn't pick up the phone when I called them back (they were on a plane headed to Tampa). "Pl-ple-please, do-don-don't cry," she begged, but i couldn't help it. I told her I would call her back so I could gain some composure. Here I was hundreds of miles away from my sister and at least 2 hours away from my computer (I was in Rogersville at the time) to search for the next flight out to Tampa from the hole-in-the-wall Tri-Cities airport! As hours passed by I got word from Mom and Dad that they were there and that she was okay. The next day she seemed to be doing better. I can't remember off of the top of my head, but she was discharged that day (or maybe the next). I've talked with her a few times since then and she seems to be doing well, other than a massive head and neck ache, which makes sense. So, if you were wondering about what was going on, now you know. Mom's blog has a little different perspective. I can't wait to see her later on this month! Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers as she heals. :)

No comments: