Wedding Countdown

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Friday, December 19, 2008

Christmas Shopping in Johnson City

Hello all!

I just got back from another trip of Christmas shopping. I love Christmas shopping. It's so much fun. I don't like shopping on Black Friday, but I do like shopping for Christmas gifts.

However, shopping in Johnson City is not the same a shopping at home. At home, I can spend hours at one mall with Christie and/or Mom and Dad just looking. It's so much fun. Yea, sometimes it's crowded, but it's great! There are tons of stores for a variety of things. Making a wish list to have on Grandmama's fridge on Thanksgiving day is not hard when there are so many options from so many stores.

This year, I have found it fairly hard to do both. I just got back to my apartment from the Johnson City mall. I have gotten a few things for my family. Dad is the hardest to buy for, as always, but here it's nearly impossible. I left at 6 and I'm already back at 7. Here's my experience. Well, I'm by myself because Ryan is working and everyone else is at home (not in Johnson City). I went to the mall to buy my Dad's Christmas gift and maybe find something else to give to my sister. If you have ever been to Johnson City, you will notice that the mall is just one step up from Harding Mall (in Nashville). It's nothing compared to Cool Springs or Opry Mills. First, parking was a nightmare. I tried using my Mom's technique of following someone out of the store to take their spot, however, the old woman decided not to leave until I drove down another lane! I had to park very far away, but I was ok.

When I went into the mall, it was like a football game just got out. The Johnson City mall is the high school hang out of the entire town. I understand that going to the mall with friends to shop and maybe hang out in th food court is fun, I mean I did it, but these high school kids are something else. First, the outfits, craziness. Call me an old fogie, but mini skirts and Uggs are not fashionable, especially not in winter time! It's not cute. Put some clothes on. Second, they congregate in the middle of the walk way. MOVE!! Then they roll their eyes when someone says excuse me. Eh. I know I'm ranting. Ok, back on track. I went to buy the gift that I knew I was getting Dad. Finding another gift for Christie was impossible. She doesn't need a scarf in Florida. She doesn't need another sweater. She doesn't need any teenie bopper anything! So around 6:45, I gave up and drove back to my apartment.

It's not the same as home. I would have spent all day shopping if I were at home, but not here in Johnson City. I guess I'm just ready to be home. I'm going to be going back to Nashville on Monday. I can't wait. Three more days!

Well, anyway, just needed to write a little bit. Hope everyone is doing great!

2 comments:

Teresa Quirante said...

Haaaaaa I had to laugh - sounds like Uncle wayne is not the only one getting old!!! Can't wait to have you home too - and honey we can just shop till we drop!!!
love ya mom

Elizabeth said...

I would say the High Schoolers will be out even more since school is out. I had to laugh because I know exactally what you mean. And they think they are HOT STUFF. Hope you are able to find that last something for Christie.