Wedding Countdown

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Saturday, September 9, 2006

Homesickness

See, last week I thought I hit the main wave of homesickness, boy was I wrong. I never believe Allie when she said that homesickness normally sets in around the second week that people are here at ETSU. Well, now I believe her. Yesterday I got a big package from my family. I absolutely loved it! I had brought a chicken sandwich and some fries from the atrium for lunch, but I spent so much time looking at each and everything in the package so closely that I forgot it and I ended up having to reheat it. ;)

I was so happy to see that Grandmama put in some of her homemade bread in it because I had ran out of milk and it's my roommate's turn to get it this week. Now I have something to eat for breakfast and for snacks, along with the M&Ms. (Someone tell Grandmama that I did get butter yesterday and the Ryan has already eaten half of his loaf. ;)) I got two Sudoku books, the white and green belt books. I had seen these at Barnes & Noble, but I didn't get them because I figured I could play online and just wait til Christmas. Now I have something to do when I feel like procrastinating or just to get my brain going in the mornings. I got several pieces of mail, mostly which were junk mail, but hey I had fun looking at it. I finally got my camera case. Now I have two MS converters (that's not the right word, but I just woke up). And thank you so much Christie for sending me labels! (Yes I'm OCD and anal about organization).

I had two very special things in my package. One of them was a card from my parents. I love cards. They are a real pick-me-up. I keep all of my cards next to my bed to read them when I'm down. Secondly, my yearbook. I must have spent and hour looking at my yearbook. I love pictures, if you guys couldn't telll already. I saw so many pictures of my friends and my sister and Ryan's sister. It was great. I loved it! I even had a signature from Sydney! I was so surprised. And then I reached the back cover, my sister's little note to me. I couldn't help the tears, and I'm trying desperately to hold them back now. It was so sweet. We have both been equally busy so we haven't been able to talk over the phone much. I miss her a lot....

I've figured out that talking to the people that I miss helps a lot. Yesterday, I received some pictures of my Grandmama with the surprise flowers that I sent her for Grandparents' Day. I had to cry. After like 5 minutes, I got a phone call from her. It was great to hear her voice. I was ok again, but I can't wait until October. Later that night was rough, until Daddy called. i talked with him for a long time. It was great, because I hadn't talked to him all week. (The package was good though, because I could imagine him carrying this huge box to the post office and mailing it.) Then I talked to Mommy. It helped a whole lot. After talking for about an hour with my parents, my homesickness began to slowly fade away. It's not as bad today, well right now anyway since it's only 10:00 here.

Well, I need to go take a hot shower and make a grocery run to buy everything that cures the common cold, klennexes, vitamins, gatorade, juice, etc... Well I will write again sometime this weekend.

I love and miss you all so much!!

Jillian

1 comment:

Aaron said...

Homesickness sucks! I still get it once in a while. I'll call you soon... 8-]