Wedding Countdown

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Friday, January 11, 2013

Resolution Update

Finally, I can post an update. :)  Everyone may think that I'm a little silly for waiting for this one appointment just to blog, but I'm just really excited about this particular resolution.  Anyway, here's a resolution check to see how my first several days of the new year has been.

1.)  Start the Good Thoughts Jar.I started the jar!  I do have a habit of not putting the piece of paper in the jar, but I do write them down.  I even decorated my jar.  :)  I just have to figure out where to put it because currently I have it sitting as a centerpiece on the coffee table (not intentionally!).  Any thoughts?

2.)  Read the entire Bible.  This has been fairly easy getting started.  Like I said in my original post, I'm using the YouVersion app so I can read daily on my phone.  I typically do this before going to bed.  It has created several interesting conversations between Ryan and I (he knows a lot more about the Bible stories than I do).  I have learned that I have this very specific image of God.  Some say that many people put "God in a box" and that's exactly what I've done.  But I'm learning a lot and enjoying creating this deeper relationship with Him.  Anyway, I definitely think I'll be keeping this resolution...just don't ask me for any family trees...I like flow charts but that's too many branches.

3.)  Lose weight...a lot of weight.  This is the resolution that I've been waiting to tell everyone!  :)  I started a new weight loss management program called Resolve.  Anyway, I had my screening appointment this morning, which basically means that I got several baseline measurements and had my program assigned to me.  I won't go into all of the details, but I will have weekly appointments so I can stay on track.  If you want to keep up with how much I've lost, I have a little widget to the right --> just below the "Blog Archive".  :)  Wish me luck.

4.)  Be more creative.  Hmm.  I haven't really started too much on this particular resolution.  We'll get back to that later.  However, Justin did bring up recently that him and I need to host a Pinterest party.  Let's see when that'll actually happen.  ;)

5.)  Cook one new recipe a month.  I'm probably going to start this sometime this weekend.  Part of the weight loss program I'm on has meal replacements.  They gave me a few recipes to make them a little more exciting.  I'll definitely try those!

6.)  Save some money.  Eh...nope.  Not this month.  I didn't expect that I would.  However, I'm hoping and praying for some good news here within the next few months that will make this a little easier.

7.)  Drink more water.  :)  You should be happy to know that I'm on my third water bottle (like a travel water bottle, not one of those bottles of water from a case) as I'm typing.  I'll probably have at least one more before I go to bed.  :)  Mom will be happy.  I haven't done my project yet to help me with this resolution.  Maybe I can do that too this weekend to help with my number 4 resolution.

8.)  Be more appreciative. This what is kind interesting to update.  I don't really think that I have been super appreciative this past week and that's just being honest.  Work has been a little stressful, so I haven't exactly been the super nicest person.  :/  I guess I have a little bit of work to do.

9.)  Take more photos, and not just photos of my dog, Butch.  I'm off to a good start on this one.  I did take several pictures last weekend at our Phi Sigma Pi SAAC event.  Hopefully I'll get a little better at this one.  I should have done something similar to Justin where he takes a picture every day and posts to Facebook.  Maybe next year I'll do a daily photo post....hmmm...someone remind me!

10.)  Blog once at least once a ...month. Well I think that I have done super well already.  This will be post number three for me this month.  The test will be later on in the year. 

Anyway, that's all that I really have right now.  Just keep me in your thoughts and prayers as I transition into a newer, healthier lifestyle.  The first several weeks will probably be the most challenging.  I'm super stoked though.  :)

No comments: