Wedding Countdown

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Beautiful AND Healthy

It dawned on me that some may think that I'm a little crazy going on this weight loss program.  Yes, drinking most of my meals for a while and being on a very low calorie diet is a little crazy.  Many people will tell me (whether lying or being truthful) that I'm perfect the way I am and that I'm beautiful at the weight that I am.

The thing is that I know that I'm beautiful just the way I am.  I have a fantastic boyfriend who reminds me of that every day, even if he doesn't say that out loud.  However, I am not considered to be at a healthy weight.  I may be healthy in terms of the fact that fortunately I have no major diseases or issues going on much like I did when I weight significantly less.  However, most people who have ever seen my family's medical history would understand why I have to get this weight off!  Just to name a few...diabetes, stroke, heart disease, and cancer.  Here are some statistics:  42 millions of women have heart disease, 25.8 people have diabetes, and 75 million are considered obese (based on their BMI).  Obesity is a "contributing factor" to the other two, along with stroke, cancer, and kidney disease.  I fit into one of these categories already (you can guess which one).  I don't want to be in the other two! 

So...that's why I'm losing weight.  Not all of it is vanity, while a lot of my reasons may include that.  I need to be healthy.  So, I hope that this clears up a little bit as to why I have my resolution and I hope I have everyone's support because this is going to be a long and probably difficult road ahead.  :)

No comments: