Wedding Countdown

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Monday, September 23, 2013

Fall: My favorite season

Yesterday was the first day of fall.  It had already begun to feel like fall in the past couple of weeks, but yesterday, I was certain that it was fall (it was a little too chilly for me to go outside).  Anyway, if you asked me when I was younger what my favorite season was, I would say it was the summer.  As I've grown older, I'm come to enjoy fall much more.

As my readers know, I live in East Tennessee with mountains all around.  The Blue Ridge mountains are just a short drive away for me.  One of my favorite parts of fall is being outside.  (I know, totally weird since I grew up in the "city".)  Anyway, as I told my Brothers at last week's Chapter meeting, my favorite part of fall is the crispness in the air.  It's cooler, more refreshing.  I feel like I can breathe a little better.  I also love all of the fall colors.  For all my friends in the Philippines, the leaves on most of the trees where I live turn bright orange, yellow, and/or red like the fire trees.  It's absolutely beautiful! 

There are many other things that make fall my favorite season.  I'll list a few here:
  • Cool enough for a firepit/bonfire
  • Roasting marshmallows
  • Cute clothes!
  • Starbuck's Pumpkin Spice Latte (they are celebrating it's 10th year this year)
  • Pumpkin flavored everything!
  • Pumpkin scents (can you tell I like pumpkin)
  • The Unicoi County Apple Festival
  • Halloween fun
  • Thanksgiving food
  • It's wedding season (Ryan and I plan to get married in the fall whenever the time comes)
  • I can wear my hair down and not be too hot
Anyway, that's a short list of why I like fall.  :)  Blog later!

No comments: