Wedding Countdown

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Recipe I had to share

As you readers know, I'm currently on the South Beach diet as part of keeping with my New Years' resolution to be healthier. Well Ryan and I have come along several new recipes, but this one was sooo delicious I couldn't keep it to myself. In the mornings, sometimes I feel a little rushed so I can't exactly eat a serving of eggs and turkey bacon, let alone wait for it to cook. So, this recipe has been a blessing for those busy mornings.  Try it.  Ya never know...you might like it!

Morning Mocha Smoothie
1 cup of vanilla, low-fat yogurt (if you get plain then it isn't as sweet)
1/2 half of 1% milk
2 tbsp of chocolate syrup (yep, this is part of my diet)
Instant coffee, to taste
6-10 ice cubes
*1 tbsp of peanut butter: This isn't part of the original recipe, but Ryan and I like this extra yumminess.

You can find the original recipe in South Beach Diet: Supercharged under Day 14 of Phase 1.

Hope you enjoy!

No comments: