Wedding Countdown

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Monday, March 8, 2010

Day 0


I said that I would probably get a chance to blog before I started my spring break trip.  Anyway, Day 0.  I can’t really call it Day 1 because that would assume that I have already started my break.  I currently, at 9:36 PM, am on a plane on the way to Tampa.  Today I worked a 7 to 3 shift and took a short nap before Ryan and I were taken to the airport by a great friend.
According to the Allegiant flight attendant we will land in approximately and hour and twenty minutes from now.  Hopefully we will land earlier or the flight will seem pretty quick because I know that I am very tired and would really like just to crawl up in a warm bed before driving to Miami tomorrow.
So, a little bit about the trip so far.  ;)  I know, how can I already have something to say about a trip that I just started at 6:30 this evening when I left my house?  By the way, Butch is being taken care of at home by Amber until Tuesday evening and Zack and Cori until we get back, so even though Ryan and I will miss him terribly he will be well taken care of.  Anyway, it was just interesting going through the airport.  I’m sure many of you having been through the Tri-Cities airport.  It is nothing like any airport that most people travel through.  As I constantly tell guests at the hotel, it really is only necessary to be at the airport an hour before the flight is expected to depart because there are only 7 gates and going through security is a breeze, unless you are traveling on Allegiant (of which we are) then you need to be there 2 hours in advance.
It was busier tonight than I was expecting, especially for Sunday.  The airport is a great place to people watch.  At our gate there were several different people.  I know that on our flight the ETSU tennis team is joining us.  I have met the coach several times, but I don’t think he recognized me.  It’s probably the street clothes.  Lots of people that I have met at the hotel don’t recognize me if I’m not in my monkey suit, yes, I call it a monkey suit. ;)  Anyway, there was a family of at least 3 if not four generations.  The youngest was a little rowdy but nothing like the two children that my co-worker and I witnessed throwing a huge fit right before they were supposed to walk in a wedding last night.  They were funny.  I saw an old co-worker from the Student Health Clinic getting ready to spend Spring Break in Florida.  She and her friends looked very excited.  I’m assuming that most of these passengers are getting ready for Spring Break; at least because they all look eager to go and they are around my age. 
So, as I retire to playing Solitaire for the next several minutes, I leave you with the travel tip of the day: Don’t expect airport food to be any good, especially at a small airport.  Dinner for me: Cheetos.  So far this diet of mine is looking grim for the week.  Goodnight, probably blog tomorrow!
P.S.  I’m going to try to be one of those stereotypical Asian and carry my camera around and take pictures of everything, so enjoy these from the plane!!

 

No comments: