Wedding Countdown

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Thursday, December 19, 2013

It's so hard to say goodbye...


Every year, really every semester, I find myself having to say goodbye to someone.  Usually it's a Brother who is graduating and moving on to bigger better things outside of Johnson City.  However, this month, I've already had to say goodbye to several people in the past week (one includes a wonderful instructor from the Chemistry department who will be greatly missed).  I will also have to say goodbye to my brother (not fraternity brother), Alex, at the end of the month for when he leaves for the Philippines to be rejoined with his lovely fiancee and to begin his Ph.D. program .

I wanted to post about how I feel about goodbyes.  I hate goodbyes, yes, hate.  When this song played at the end of my 8th grade year of middle school, I cried.  When I left for college, I cried.  I hate saying goodbye.  So, being the introverted self that I am, I tend to try to not say goodbye anymore...if that makes any sense.  For example, when graduate students leave for their next graduate school or to start their career, I typically just do the usually check-out paperwork and get their keys from them.  Never do I really say, "It was nice working with you" or "Good luck with you life".  It seems too final for me!  I often will say, "See you later" or "Have a good day" like I normally would.  It may come across a little cold, but it's just my way of dealing with the fact that I don't want to say goodbye.  

Anyway, so if I had to say goodbye recently or if I'm going to say goodbye to you soon, please don't take my nonchalant conversation and tone as being cold.  I just simply don't want to say goodbye!  I will definitely give hugs (if you move first though, again, I really hate goodbyes) and I will keep in touch if you would like!  I know that all of you are going off to do awesome things!  :)


No comments: